In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data is defined as “…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
How we use your information
- LF Wills & Funeral Planning only obtains essential personal and financial data( e.g full name, home address, date of birth and estate details) in order to provide an approximate valuation to provide appropriate and professional advice to enable taking your instructions ( for Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Funeral Plans) to result in the production of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Funeral Plans).
- LF Wills & Funeral Planning collect data via a manual form, which gets uploaded to a secure 'share point' with our will drafting company,Willpack, which is more secure than email. Any amendments to your draft documents will be typed into a Word document and uploaded to the share-point, without using your full name to protect your identity. Any required emails to detail amendments will also not bear your full name.
- Once your document (e.g. Wills or Lasting Power of Attorney) is approved and ready to produce,the draft Will will be removed from the temporary, secure share-point and a copy, along with your client notes will be scanned and e-archived, approved by the Society of WillWriters and for retention periods directed by the Law Society ( lifetime of client plus 6 years)
- LF Wills & Funeral Planning may contact you for legitimate interests including notifying you of our services and products over time.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for correspondence purposes. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
LF Wills & Funeral Planning may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may need to pass your details ( including your name, address, date of birth, estate planning details, executors/trustees names and addresses, children's names, addresses and dates of birth, attorneys names and addresses and dates of birth, business details, for example) onto third parties who are either contracted to, or part of LF Wills & Funeral Planning.
These may include the following organisations:
- Willpack,Chancery House, Whisby Way, Lincoln, LN6 3LQ.(This company is the technical team who legally check wills and power of attorneysand draw them up for signing and registering)
- National Will Safe, Administration Office, 6a Northenden Road, Sale,M33 3BR
- Office of the Public Guardian, PO Box 16185,Birmingham,B2 2WH.
- Society of Will Writers,Chancery House, Whisby Way, Lincoln, LN6 3LQ.
- HM Land Registry, local authorities, if appropriate ( to sever tenancies in cases of protective property will based trusts)
- Any third parties whom we do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to your requests on our behalf. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we need to pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary.LF Wills & Funeral Planning may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. Personal data may be held for longer than these periods, however this will depend on the individual needs of the company.
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when you have requested that we do so. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If LF Wills & Funeral Planning do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of LF Wills & Funeral Planning or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
LF Wills & Funeral Planning will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport; Photo Driving Licence; Birth and or Marriage Certificate,Utility Bill (from the last three months); Notarised ID Document;
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
If you wish to submit a DSAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing using the following information.
Address: 15 Wadham Road, Woodthorpe, Nottingham, NG5 4JB.
Telephone: 0115 8599185 or 07582 307750
To make this site simpler, small data files are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page;
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it;
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies for all sites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
i) First Party Cookies
ii) Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook and Google+. If you want to prevent sites setting third party cookies, instructions to do so are here.
iii) Log Files Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site.
These logs are automatically generated from all our visitors, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to our partners, as well as other external sites. You should note, that if you click through to any of these external sites, we do not have control over that site (unless it is a website which forms part of LF Wills & Funeral Planning.) We cannot be responsible for the protection of any information that you provide to these other websites as they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of whichever website it is that you are visiting.
Revised: May 25-2018